Woodhouse Consulting and Coaching Services
Area of expertise
Woodhouse CCS specializes in;
- Improving business performance through;
- Building an appropriate culture
- Developing crystal clear vision and purpose
- enabling achievement of goals through strategic, business and operational plans
- governance frameworks that minimize risk and drive accountability
- Systemize their business to simplify, reduce waste and position the business in a salable state.
- Maximizing the potential of the businesses People
- Family governance
- Leadership, accountability and corporate discipline
- People congruency (right people in right seats)
- Individual growth
How long have you been working with family businesses?
I grew up around family businesses, I have worked for them and more recently have being consulting to them for 3 years.
What’s one of the most common mistakes you see in family businesses?
As all businesses are different, and sit at different points on their business cycle there is no simple answer. However, the common theme is a lack of visionary leadership and governance that manifests itself as the following symptoms;
- Lack of family governance. Determining and communicating the rules and expectations for family members and their interaction with the business including trans generational succession planning.
- The businesses being led by Managers and not leaders
- Lack of processes and frameworks
- Lack of discipline
- The need to control and not delegate and enable
- Not transitioning the business from a people to system to culture driven
- Business not in a salable state
- Not recognizing and accepting that people are the only sustainable competitive advantage
What is your “uh ha” moment with your clients? When they realise…
When they realize that the good, bad and ugly in a business is determined by the decision makers, usually the TMT, and therefore the future is about them and theirs to make.
What gets you up in the morning (inspiration/motivation)?
Simply having the opportunity to help others grow and realize their goals.
What’s the key benefit of your FBA membership?
People in business often feel alone, never more so than in a micro consulting business. The FBA provides as fantastic support framework to grow individually and have a feeling of belonging.
[/special_functionality_column][special_functionality_column lg=”6″ md=”6″ sm=”6″ xs=”12″ ]