FBA are to be notified in writing more than 14 days prior to the event for a full refund to be permitted.
If cancellation is made 3 to 14 days prior to the event, no refunds applies however replacement delegates can be named.
If cancelling less than 3 days prior to the event, no refund or replacement delegates are permitted.
Cancellation policy for FBA’s Emerging Leaders Program
FBA is to be notified in writing more than 45 days prior to the start of the program for a full refund to be permitted less an administration fee of $275 per person.
Between 45 and 31 days prior to the program a $1,450 cancellation fee applies.
Between 31 and 15 days prior to the course, a $2,750 cancellation fee applies.
Between 15 and 7 days prior to the program, no refunds apply, however a replacement participant can be named.
After 7 days prior to the start of the program, no refunds or replacement participants are permitted.
Travel & Health Insurance for FBA’s Emerging Leaders Program
It is strongly is recommended that participants review their insurance take out insurance to cover in regards to loss incurred in the case of cancellation, medical expenses and damage to or loss of personal effects. FBA will not be responsible for any medical costs incurred by participants. FBA will not accept liability for personal injuries or for loss or damage to property belonging to Emerging Leaders Program participants, either during or as a result of the program.
Cancellation policy for Adviser Accreditation Courses delivered in partnership with the University of Adelaide
FBA is to be notified in writing more than 21 days prior to the start of the course for a full refund to be permitted.
Between 21 and 14 days prior to the course, no refunds apply, however a replacement participant can be named.
After 14 days prior to the start of the course, no refunds or replacement participants are permitted.
Credit card surcharges
A surcharge of 1.80% is charged for payments received by Visa and Mastercard.
A surcharge of 1.93% is charged for payments received by AMEX.
Advertising, links to third party websites
The Family Business Australia (FBA) web site contains hyperlinks and other pointers to Internet websites operated by third parties. These linked websites are not under the control of FBA, and therefore is not responsible for the contents of any linked web or any hyperlink contained in a linked website. FBA provides these hyperlinks to you as a convenience only, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the linked website by FBA or its Affiliates. You link to any such website entirely at your own risk.
In some instances, the advertisement will contain representations or offers by the third party advertiser which you can accept by linking to the advertiser’s website and executing the relevant transaction. Such offers are not made by FBA, and the third party advertiser is solely responsible to you for the delivery of any goods or services you purchase on the third party website.
The product prices listed on the site are subject to change without notice by FBA. FBA is not liable for the prices or price changes, including where price changes have not been reflected on the site.
Disclaimer and limitation of liability
The Trade Practices Act and similar State and Territory Legislation in Australia (and in New Zealand, except where goods or services are acquired for business purposes, the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (NZ)) may confer rights and remedies on you in relation to the provision by ninemsn of goods or services on the Network which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified (“Non-excludable Rights”). FBA does not exclude any Non-excludable Rights but does exclude all other conditions and warranties implied by custom, law or statute.
Except as provided for by the Non-excludable Rights:
a) all Content is provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied,
b) FBA and its suppliers expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose,
c) FBA does not warrant that the functions contained in any Content or any Communications Facility or your access to the Network will be uninterrupted or error-free, that any defects will be corrected or that the Network or the server which stores and transmits Content to you are free of viruses or any other harmful components,
d) FBA does not warrant or make any representation regarding your access to, or the results of your access to, the Network (including any related or linked websites) or any Content in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise, and
e) you (and not FBA) assume the entire cost of any necessary verification, maintenance, repair and/or correction of any relevant Content.
Under no circumstances (including but not limited to any act or omission on the part of FBA) will FBA or its Affiliates be liable for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damages or loss of profits whatsoever which result from any use or access of, or any inability to use or access, the Network or any Content.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, FBA liability for breach of any implied warranty or condition which cannot be excluded is limited at the option of FBA to the following:
- in the case of services supplied or offered by FBA (a) the supply of the services again, or (b) the payment of the cost of having services supplied again; and
- in the case of goods supplied or offered by FBA, (c) the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, (d) the repair of such goods, (e) the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods, or (f) the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
FBA reserves the right to track users IP Address. The information collected will be kept confidential and not shared with another party unless a user has fraudulently purchased or made misrepresentations to FBA.
You will need to modify your current settings for ‘cookies’ in the Options menu of your browser, in order to view this site. (You may need to contact your system administrator if you are on a network)
Internet Explorer Users
1. In an IE browser window, select Tools > Internet Options
2. Select the Security tab.
3. Select the Internet zone.
4. Move the slider to select the Medium security level.
5. Click the OK button.
1. Choose Edit and Preferences.
2. Click the Advanced menu option in the left column and select Scripts & Plug-ins .
3. Click the Privacy & Security menu option in the left column and click Cookies .
Make sure that one of the three Enable options for cookies is checked.
1. Choose File , then Preferences .
2. Click the Privacy menu option in the leftmost column.
3. Make sure Enable Cookies is checked.
4. If you want to specify which sites, choose an option from the drop-down menu.
5. You can specify specific servers by clicking Edit server filters .
6. Click the Multimedia menu option in the leftmost column.
8. Click Apply , then OK .
1. Choose Edit and Preferences .
2. Click the plus sign (+) next to the Advanced menu option in the left column and select Scripts & Plug-ins .
4. Click the plus sign (+) next to the Privacy & Security menu option in the left column and click Cookies .
5. Make sure that one of the three Enable options for cookies is checked.
6. Click OK .
If you are having difficulties accessing the site or parts of the site check that:
- Your cookies and java script are enabled
- Your cache is cleared
- You haven’t bookmarked secure pages
- You have refreshed the page
If you are still having problems please consult your administrator or contact us.