Every family business needs to start planning for their future leadership.
When you list the corner stones of business success, strategies for succession need to be included. If succession is navigated poorly, the results can have negative long lasting impacts on both the operations of the business and the dynamic of the family. This is why it’s known as one of the greatest challenges associated with running a family business.
Planning Succession for Family Business is a one day, interactive workshop which will provide you with hands on tools necessary to begin establishing a succession plan. Supported by the use of a case study, you will learn the different options for both leadership and ownership transitions. This is an opportunity for current business leaders, future leaders and managers as well as any other parties involved in the transition process to get a head start.
- Addressing the two business exit models: sale or succession
- Feasibility, desirability and acceptability of family business succession
- The ground rules for the succession process
- The opportunities and issues presented by ownership succession
- Designing and implementing the leadership transition process and the obstacles to succession planning
- Nurturing and developing potential successors
- Understand the fundamental ground rules for leadership succession
- Determine the key challenges of succession and how to manage these successfully
- Identify the personal attributes and characteristics that can assist in identifying successors
Who should attend
- Current and future leaders and managers of the family business
- Non-family executives and other key stakeholders in the transition process
Registration fees GST incl.
|FBA Member Early Bird||FBA Member||Non Member|
Early bird rates closing on Tuesday 19 February 2019.