This course is currently at capacity, please email VIC State Manager, Alex Petersen at firstname.lastname@example.org to place your name on a waiting list.
What is governance and why do you need to know about it?
Governance refers to the structures, systems and processes concerned with ensuring an organisation’s overall direction, effectiveness, supervision (control) and accountability.
Having systems in place for both business and family governance are some of the best ways to ensure the sustainable management and long term success of your family business. This is because formal governance structures assist open communication between family members, reduce internal conflicts, nurture the next generation of leaders, and develop a shared family vision for the future.
In addition, as a member of a family business with a material impact on the direction and strategy of the business, it is important you know your role and meet your legal responsibilities, as you may be as liable as any director on the board.
The Family Business Directors Course is the only directors course in Australia specifically designed for family businesses.
Day 1: Corporate governance
- Different roles of the family and board
- Legal framework for corporate governance; duties of directors
- Boundaries between board and family
- Financial issues of corporate governance
- Performance measures that matter
- Defining governance roles and organizing the board
Day 2: Family governance
- Organising the family – roles, values, vision and mission
- Family meetings – council, assembly, charter/ constitution
- Integrating family and business governance
- Developing an action plan
A case study is used throughout the course to assist the application of your learning.
- Understand the unique challenges family business directors face
- Define the core areas of legal responsibilities for directors
- The role a board can play in growing your business
- Consider the options for structuring a board of directors to suit your family business
Registration fees GST incl.
|FBA Member Early Bird||FBA Member||Non Member|
Early bird rates closing on 11 January, 2016