Company: Advisory Partners
Position: Business and Tax Advisor
Address: PO Box 2111
Suburb: Geelong, 3220
Areas of expertise:
Family business relationships are often more complex than normal business relationships. Through experience with my family’s business, I’ve learned about the complexities involved and how these must be taken into account when structuring a business, managing its day-to-day operations and succession planning. So when advising clients involved in family businesses, I find spending time learning about the individuals involved helps to speed up the process of achieving a beneficial outcome.
Being a Gen Y and a managing partner, I have my own young family to look after and constantly live with the competing interests of balancing family and work. This has shaped my own interests in helping many family businesses across Australia and I enjoy advising them on growth strategies for the current generation of managers while planning for a smooth transition to the next.
As a previous partner in a large corporate accounting firm, I learned many strategies to minimise taxation burdens, effectively structure businesses for growth and the preparation of reports to the highest standard. These days, I love sharing this knowledge with managers of family businesses so they can see the potential for their businesses.
Specifically, I like to focus on:-
- Restructuring businesses to achieve improved outcomes for tax and asset protection,
- Working with clients to enhance their businesses at many levels including:-
- The Boardroom,
- Developing and implementing strategic plans,
- Acting as a sounding board for ideas/concerns.
- Tax minimisation strategies,
- Helping small and medium businesses grow and improve,
- Establishing corporate governance structures,
- Change Management,
- Preparing businesses for sale,
- Always looking on the bright side and having fun along the way!
- Qualified Chartered Accountant.
- Registered Tax Agent.
- Graduate of Leaders for Geelong Program.
- Member Abacus (Worldwide accounting group).
- Member and Graduate Australian Institute Company Directors.