A time to reflect with the 100 years of Anzac remembering those who have paid the ultimate price in service to our nation.
We have been branching out to the greater ACT region – with a trip to Eden NSW to spread the good word of FBA. Our dear members Irene Cassimatis of NDH Property Sevices and Wayne Bolin, Accredited Adviser joined me on a journey to the Eden business chamber meeting on Monday 13th April. They shared their experience and knowledge they have learned by being members of FBA and Wayne sharing his expertise working with families.
Some advice from Wayne included:
– Have a formal transition plan in place
– Define the roles of each individual
– Communication is vital
– If you plan to sell, know the value of your business
– How NDH created their constitution
– The two family conferences they had started as a result of Irene attending a FBA National Conference at Hamilton Island
– How FBA started the conversation with her reluctant family
Next we are heading to Cooma High Country Trusses where FBA member Elizabeth and her family from Cooma H Hardware will talk about their family business. A hardware shop, including a truss and frames business as well as a transport company, is certainly a diverse family business and we are inviting as many family business from the region as we can, if you know someone who might be interested, please pass on the details.
Members and guests from the ACT are encouraged to join us also.
Date: Thursday 7 May 2014
Location: High Country Truss & Frames, 58-65 Polo Flat Rd, Cooma NSW 2630.
Some interesting events coming up also include:
– 2015 marks the 100th Anniversary of landing of Anzac troops at Gallipoli. Details at http://www.visitcanberra.com.au/find/event#sthash.TfqFPuAl.dpuf
– It’s almost Truffel season with members Sherry and Gavin McCardle-English’s French Black Truffles of Canberra http://www.visitcanberra.com.au/the-truffle-festiva
– Europe’s Largest Circus @ MAJURA PARK is here for the school holidays
-100 years of the Kingston power house – Canberra Glassworks http://www.visitcanberra.com.au/find/see-and-do
I look forward to seeing you soon.